Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

This week we carved our pumpkins.  Last year Leo was just a wee little man, so we didn't get into the holiday spirit too much, but this year I ACTUALLY CARVED A PUMPKIN!  You may not know this about me, but I don't like doing arts and crafts.  I have perfectionism issues, and since I am far from perfect, I prefer to be grumpy and boycott crafts of all sorts.  This year however, I kind of got into it.  I think it was a combination of motherhood and being a kindergarten teacher this year (which requires craftiness. period.).

Anyway, we carved our pumpkins and Leo...well...he couldn't have cared less about that part.  He did enjoy the finished product though!  Here's the end result of our efforts:

Clearly I am excited!

Here I am, trying to keep Leo interested

Leo was not so sure about the "guts"

Leo's pumpkin - this picture makes it look large, it's actually quite small

The pumpkin I carved, can you believe it?! Not too shabby...

My pumpkin in spooky mode

The Fowler family a la Jack O Lantern

We make a cute family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment